Wednesday 30 October 2013

Baking! Halloween Chocolate Chip Muffins!

Hey Everyone!

So today I was preparing for Halloween and I decided to bake special Halloween themed chocolate chip muffins! Literally my favourite thing to bake! Here's my recipe and method for baking these delicious and spooky muffins.

You will need: (To make a dozen)
25g sugar
75g butter or margarine 
150ml milk
225g self-raising flour
150 chocolate chips
1 tablespoon of baking powder
A drop of vanilla essence 
1 medium sized egg

METHOD!  :)
** Preheat your oven to 200 degrees Celsius
1. Cream the butter and sugar together
2. Whisk the egg, milk and essence in a separate jug
3. Put into mixing bowl
4. Sieve in flour, baking powder and coca powder
5. ''Fold in'' gently eg stir until it's all soft, chocolatey and yummy
6. Pour in the chocolate chips!
7. Place mixture into cupcake cases in a cupcake baking tray
8. Place in oven and allow to cook for exactly 22 minutes!
9. Once baked, place on a wire tray and allow to cool.
10. DECORATE!

To decorate my cupcakes I used chocolate butter icing and various sprinkles (see below!) 


One of the finished cupcakes!

The Sprinkles I used 


I also bought a Halloween themed cupcake stand to add more effect!









Mmmm! I hope you all enjoyed this and bake your own Halloween themed cupcakes! 
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless! (BOO!)
Aveen xx

PS! I still have to post my Penneys/Primark Haul from last week and ''My House at Halloween'' Stay tuned! I'll be tweeting HERE when those will be posted! xx

6 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. Ah thank you! :D It's a recipe I used in my home ec practical in the Junior Cert :) I decided to add the icing because I feeling inspired haha :) xx

      Delete
  2. These cupcakes look so so yummy! The sprinkles are super cute too! :)

    Check out some of my halloween posts at www.plhfaisean.blogspot.com :) x

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Aw thank you! I just checked out your blog! Oh my god you blog completely in Irish! I'm in 5th Year and I want to improve my Irish so I'm definitely following! :D LOVE your blog x

      Delete
  3. These cupcakes look so so yummy! The sprinkles are super cute too! :)

    Check out some of my halloween posts at www.plhfaisean.blogspot.com :) x

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.