Sunday 23 February 2014

A Book Review: Allegiant by Veronica Roth

Hey Everyone!

I realised today that my blog is nearly a year old, yet I've never actually written a book review! This came as quite a shock to me seeing as reading books is how I spend most of my spare time. I decided to pick an interesting book which I read over Christmas. This book is Allegiant, the third book of the Divergent trilogy by Veronica Roth.


As I mentioned previously, Allegiant is the third and final book of the Divergent trilogy. The book (Allegiant) follows the protagonist Tris Prior after the faction system has been very much destroyed. Tris is offered the chance to leave and go explore ''past the fence'' into the unknown along with Tobias (Four) 

Tris believes she's ready and that she will find a new life outside the fence with Tobias. They explore outside the fence and are extremely alarmed by what they find and are told. 

I don't want to spoil too much of the book for anyone who hasn't read it, but, this may sound negative, I didn't find the book as enjoyable as Divergent and Insurgent! I felt that Allegiant was slightly rushed and the author Veronica Roth, was dead set on the particular ending she chose. I feel that she only wanted that particular ending and nothing, not even flaws in the story, was going to change that. 

I was quite addicted to the book, I literally could not put it down, but I felt the ending could have been different. I did enjoy the dual perspective (Divergent & Insurgent had been written from Tris' point of view) whilst Allegiant was from both Tris' and Tobias' perspectives. 

For anyone who's read it, you may be asking ''Did Aveen cry reading the book?'' The answer is yes, that ending nearly destroyed my emotions! I was reading the book on Christmas Day and finished it at 11pm, subsequently by throwing the book against the wall (that's why it looks a little battered above) and crying my eyes out for a few hours afterwards. 

I wouldn't deter anyone from reading the trilogy, they're truly excellent books which are good for escapism whenever your own world is slightly tedious. I'd definitely recommend the trilogy to anyone who loves dystopian fantasy books such as The Hunger Games and Noughts & Crosses to name a few. 

On another note, I just uploaded a new YouTube video called ''How To Deal With Negative People'' This video is something different on my channel as I usually post somewhat comedic videos, so I would love to know your reaction and how you thought the video was. 

Stay Strong, Happy & Fearless!
Aveen xx

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.