Sunday 9 February 2014

''Do I sound Irish? Or is it like I've just jumped off a tractor Irish?''

Hey Everyone!      

So it's the end of another week and I only have one more week in school until Mid-Term! (Cheers ecstatically) which means freedom from school! So this week was relatively interesting, maybe I should tell you about it? ;) 

Well we'll start off with the title of this blog post and it's meaning. If you read my Twitter & my tweets, you'll see that I was tweeting with the following lovely people; Grace of Dainty Sprinkles, Tolly of Tolly Dolly Posh, Kate from The Fashion Chain, Mia from TeenageBeautyBlog and Rachel of Oh Hey There Rachel! on Saturday night (last night!) which was absolutely ''savage'' and we all discussed stranger danger with strangers (irony at it's finest) due to the Internet Safety Group! 

Later on in the night, myself, Grace, Mia & Tolly decided to Google chat, which was um.. interesting. Apparently I overused the word ''savage'' which I use to say like 'epic' or 'brilliant' Overall though, we had a brilliant chat and it's great that the teenage blogging community can get together like that. It's hard to imagine that say ten years ago, the technology wasn't there to do things like that. It really makes me realise how lucky we are to have the ability to communicate via blogs, Twitter and other social networking sites. 

Also on Saturday, there was a storm/weather warning in place where I live so I went to take photos of the waves at the seaside 'town' near where I live (I always have bright ideas) Turns out however, there was a multitude of people there too, some with phones, some with camera's and tripods, everyone taking photos as the waves crashed against the pier. My Mam didn't let me stand too close to the waves (for obvious reasons) but it was utterly spectacular seeing the waves rolling towards us, getting slightly closer with each crash. I took literally tonnes of photos, and my favourites are down below. One in particular I love is the photo with the man standing literally metres away from the waves, I know he was risking his life, (And I was terrified he was going to jump in) but I love the photo as it shows how huge the waves actually were. It puts the waves into perspective in a way. 

Also, this week I read the book ''Switched'' by Amanda Hocking, if I have time I'll write a review in a separate blog post! (I finished it last night at around 1am which is always a bundle of laughs) and I think I'll read the next two books, Torn and Ascend if I have time. (If they cause emotional distress like most other books I read maybe warn me in advance, I cry at nearly every book so maybe it's just me) 

A shoutout to my annoying brother (who Grace, Tolly and Mia probably now know from the chat last night) for switching off the Wi-Fi when I was writing this blog post, cheers peasant!

ps. all photos below are mine and you can freely use them, but please notify/inform me :) 

Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx

If all goes to plan, I will be recording a YouTube video this afternoon! Watch this space! x

Photos Of The Coastline 
 










Beach near where I live .. (what's left of it..)

2 comments:

  1. LOVE LOVE LOVE THE PHOTOS !
    And group chats are the best especially ISG ;);)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.