Saturday 7 June 2014

How To: Become A Confident Woman! ~ LifeWithShelby Guest Post

Hey Everyone!

As Im still in the Gaeltacht, the lovely Shelby of LifeWithShelby has written a guest post about How to become a confident woman Hope you all enjoy reading it and thanks again to Shelby for writing the post. ~ Aveen xx


I want to talk about this amazing thing that happened to me in the last year, I became a woman.
Here's what I believe: You don't become a woman immediately into adulthood. It's a process and it comes with age, experience, and an extreme growth in confidence. A woman has standards, integrity, and security with herself. I don't put people down, I raise them up! People respond better to positivity, and that's something I hope you already know. If not, you need to read How to Win Friends and Influence People by Dale Carnegie.
I feel like for several years prior I was living to that Britney Spears song, "I'm Not A Girl, Not Yet A Woman".
When I turned 18 I remember being like, "I'm an adult, I can do whatever I want!" and I was such an annoying POS about it. The truth is, I was legally an adult (in the United States) but I was NOT a woman yet.
I was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO (so so so so) insecure. I think a lot of people, actually scratch that, MOST people are insecure. That's so sad to me! OMG. I think we all have this little voice inside of us that speaks nothing but death to our lives. I remember always being insecure that I wasn't going to have the nicest dress on at the party, I was going to be the tallest one, I wasn't going to be the best speaker, or I was going to fail.
Do you know that girl that ALWAYS talks crap about everyone? That girl is incredibly insecure! It's true. She has to put everyone down so it takes all the negative attention off of her.
I really wanted to tell you this because I wanted to give you some hope. Girls!!!! You are amazing and you just gotta believe that. Nobody is just exactly like you. There will come a day when you are just completely comfortable in your own skin, I envy the girls that had that undeniable confidence earlier than I. I wish I could have lived in that peace. Just trust the process, you will get there!!!

XOXO





No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.