Sunday 12 October 2014

''Come on Skinny Love, Just Last The Year''

Hey Everyone! 

Thankfully, it's the end of another long school week. The fact that Mid Term is two weeks away is keeping me positive for the fortnight ahead. It's hard to believe that we've been back in school for this long, it's as if the summer never existed. 

I had an interesting week it must be said. I caught up on all my homework this week, except an English essay (which isn't due for more than a week) So my whiteboard of a 'To-Do list' is quite bare in comparison to other weeks. 

I went to see the comedian Tommy Tiernan in concert on Thursday night. I can honestly say I spent the entire night laughing. I won't mention any of his fantastic jokes here, mainly as they're directed for a more adult audience! It was my first Over-18's gig and I'm proud to say that I didn't get asked for ID. (Afterwards Mam said it was because I'm old, how kind) It was a hilarious night and it was nice to have a couple of hours of forgetting about Leaving Cert and stress.

I also got some t-shirts in Penneys! At the moment there are Hogwarts House's t shirts so I bought a Gryffindor tshirt and also a Slytherin one. If you look below you'll see a photo of the Gryffindor t-shirt, the Slytherin one is similar, except that it's bottle green with the Slytherin crest *makes puns about Slytherin and the Chamber of Secrets, mind if I Slytherin? Joking.* 

My week has mainly consisted of homework, study and revision. I went to Spleodar and was i gceannas  of the activities again with another cinnire. It was a brilliant night and I'm definitely gaining more confidence in speaking Irish aloud to a group (That said my grammar is questionable) My Gryffindor t-shirt was a hit and received many compliments (thank you, that makes my year seriously) We're going to the cinema next Friday night to see a film which should be good.

Next week seems a little quieter on the homework and study side, yet more active in the social part of my life (for the first time ever) Some of my friends and I are going to see the school musical in the local theatre which I'm really looking forward to as many people in my classes have parts (which should be amusing to watch)

Photos from my week
Coffee + Books/Magazines + Treats = Life. 

What my life consists of when I'm not studying. 


Fantastic gig!

"You might belong in Gryffindor,
Where dwell the brave at heart,
Their daring, nerve and chivalry
Set Gryffindors apart
"

Random selfie after I plaited my hair (and turned into Hermione with glasses and a Gryffindor t-shirt)

That's about it from me! Hope you all have an amazing week, I'll see you all soon! 
Stay Strong, Happy and Fearless!
Aveen xx

*If you're going to the Swipe Festival awards, you'll see a video of me thanking Swipe Festival for my award. Message me if you see it!* 

**Lyrics: Birdy ~ Skinny Love




No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.