Tuesday 13 June 2017

Life As Of Late #5

I wasn't too sure how to approach more regular blogging, however I feel that the best way to continue to produce blog posts is by describing what I have been doing lately! This blog post details from the June Bank Holiday Weekend until the present week. So here's some photographs and information about what antics I've been up to! 



Catching up with the girls 








The Bank Holiday weekends are a great time to catch up with friends and family. I generally always head on a night out during a bank holiday weekend; there's  a good crowd and if you're in your hometown, you're guaranteed to bump into friends you haven't seen in an age. 

I was lucky enough to hang out with two of my best friends from my secondary school days on one of the nights out. I find that as I'm in college in Limerick, it can be difficult to meet up and maintain contact with my friends from secondary school as the majority are in college in Dublin. This meant it was brilliant to see Caítlín and Maeve and have a good catch up, gossip and session. It was a great night, even the rain didn't dampen our spirits! 

What I'm Reading:

I always try to read a few pages every night before going asleep so my latest book choice is 'Night School' by Lee Child. The book is based around the fictional character of Jack Reacher (A character I wish was real!) and a case he is dealing with as part of the Military Police in the 90's. It's set during his time in the Army so it's a blast from the past sort of book, as other books by Lee Child are set after Reacher left the Army. I've read the majority of the Reacher books and I have enjoyed every single one of them so I hope this lives up to my high expectations! 

 What I'm Listening To: 



Like everyone else, I'm always looking for new material to listen to. I've been a fan of The Coronas and The Strypes for many years so I was only thrilled to hear that The Coronas were releasing a new album called 'Trust the Wire' and The Strypes are soon releasing an album called, 'Spitting Image.' I've been listening to new album from The Coronas and I'm enjoying every minute of it. I'm now waiting for the new album from The Strypes, although they've posted a couple of songs online in anticipation of the new album!

Visited Wells House for Afternoon Tea: 



My Mam and I visited Wells House, which is an old house near Ballyedmond in Wexford. We went for a tour of the House with some of my aunts and cousins. The guide for the tour was excellent and provided a lot of details about the history of the house and the ownership of the house throughout the centuries. Unfortunately we were not allowed to take photos inside the house but we all had an excellent time. 
We went for Afternoon Tea after the tea which was inside the house, we had delicious sandwiches, scones and cakes with lashings of tea and coffee, all of which was wonderfully tasty and fresh. My poor cousin was mortified ringing the bell for more coffee and tea for us all! Overall, it is a wonderful day, I'd like to go again soon to explore the gardens and other facilities at Wells House. 

Lunch at 'The Duck' at Marlfield House: 


To celebrate my parents' 26th wedding anniversary this week, the four of us went for an anniversary lunch on Sunday at The Duck restaurant. The Duck is located beside Marlfield House on the Courtown Road in Gorey Co. Wexford. The menu had a wonderful selection of starters, main courses and desserts. All of us thoroughly enjoyed our meal. As the weather was sunny, we decided to get coffee and sit outside on the terrace adjacent to the restaurant to relax. You might have seen my Instagram from the terrace in the sunshine! Overall, it was a lovely afternoon of relaxation and good food. 



So how have you been spending your summer holidays? Let me know in the comments or chat to me on snapchat or Twitter! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for reading and commenting on my blog! I appreciate it so much.